How To Enroll Overview
When can I enroll?
You can enroll for your benefits during one of these occurrences:
- Open Enrollment – the dates are usually announced in the fall
- Within the first 31 days of your new hire date or when you become newly eligible for benefits
- If you experience a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child
How do I enroll for 2020?
Step 1 – Have Your Information Ready:
- Have the social security number and birth date easily accessible for any dependent(s) you will be adding to your coverage
- Know what plan(s) you want to enroll in. This is also a good time to review your list of beneficiaries to make sure they are up-to-date
Step 2 – visit the Pearson Benefits Marketplace. Select “Explore 2020 Benefits” and register as a new user. To register, you will need the last 4 digits of your social security number, your last name, your date of birth and your home zip code. Follow the steps to set up your account.
Have you recently joined Pearson or need to process a life event in 2019?
If you have joined Pearson in 2019 then you must enroll for 2020 (see above) and for the remainder of 2019 if you want coverage. You’ll need to register as a new user for 2019 and 2020. Follow the steps below to enroll or process a life event for 2019:
Step 1 – Have your information as noted in the prior section.
Step 2 – visit the Pearson Benefits Marketplace and select “Review or Change 2019 Benefits.” If this is your first time, click on “Create an account.” Next, enter your last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number to identify yourself. Then, you’ll select a unique user name and password that you’ll use whenever you come back to the site.
What if I choose to wait?
If you decline medical coverage, you won’t be able to enroll until the next annual enrollment period, unless you have a qualified life event.
If you do not actively decline medical coverage or do not actively enroll in medical coverage, you will be automatically enrolled in employee only coverage under the Cigna $900 Deductible plan with no dental, no vision and no pre-tax accounts. You must decline coverage if you do not want to be covered by a Pearson medical plan.