How To Enroll Overview
When can I enroll?
You can enroll for your benefits during one of these occurrences:
- Open Enrollment – the dates are usually announced in the fall
- Within the first 31 days of your new hire date or when you become newly eligible for benefits
- If you experience a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child
How do I enroll or process a life event?
Step 1 – Have Your Information Ready:
- Have the social security number and birth date easily accessible for any dependent(s) you will be adding to your coverage
- Know what plan(s) you want to enroll in. This is also a good time to review your list of beneficiaries to make sure they are up-to-date
Step 2 – visit the Pearson Benefits Marketplace and register as a new user. To register, you will need the last 4 digits of your social security number, your last name, your date of birth and your home zip code. Follow the steps to set up your account.
What if I choose to wait?
If you decline medical coverage, you won’t be able to enroll until the next annual enrollment period, unless you have a qualified life event.
If you do not access the enrollment system an actively decline medical coverage, you will be automatically enrolled in employee only coverage under the Cigna $900 Deductible plan with no dental, no vision and no pre-tax accounts. You must decline coverage if you do not want to be covered by a Pearson medical plan.