How To Enroll Overview
When can I enroll?
You can enroll for your benefits during one of these occurrences:
- Open Enrollment – the dates are usually announced in the fall
- Within the first 31 days of your new hire date or when you become newly eligible for benefits
- If you experience a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child
How do I enroll?
Step 1 – Have Your Information Ready:
- Have the social security number and birth date easily accessible for any dependent(s) you will be adding to your coverage
- Know what plan(s) you want to enroll in. This is also a good time to review your list of beneficiaries to make sure they are up-to-date
Step 2 – visit the Pearson Benefits Marketplace. If this is your first time, select “Create an account.” Next, enter your last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number to identify yourself. Then, you’ll select a unique user name and password that you’ll use whenever you come back to the site.
What if I choose to wait?
If you decline medical coverage, you won’t be able to enroll until the next annual enrollment period, unless you have a qualified life event.
If you do not actively decline medical coverage or do not actively enroll in medical coverage, you will be automatically enrolled in employee only coverage under the Cigna $900 Deductible plan with no dental, no vision and no pre-tax accounts. You must decline coverage if you do not want to be covered by a Pearson medical plan.