Which employees are eligible to participate in Pearson’s plans?
- Regular/Casual-Seasonal or Limited Term* Full-time regular employees
- Regular/Casual-Seasonal or Limited Term* Part-time regular employees who work 20 hours or more per week
*Limited Term employees are not eligible for Disability benefits.
Which of my dependents are eligible to participate in Pearson’s plans?
- Your legal spouse (including common-law spouses)
- Children until the end of the month they turn age 26, regardless of student status, marital status, residency or tax dependency. For purposes of this provision, a child is defined as:
- A son, daughter, stepson or stepdaughter of the employee
- A foster child placed with the participant by an authorized placement agency or by a judgment, decree or other order of any court of competent jurisdiction
- A legally adopted child of the participant or a child who has been lawfully placed with the participant for legal adoption. Under the Health Care FSA, any dependent you can claim on your federal income tax return (without regard to their gross income) is an eligible dependent
- Under the Dependent Day Care FSA, eligible dependents include (1) your dependent children under age 13 and (2) disabled spouse or dependent who is incapable of self-care and who lives in your home. To be eligible, you must be able to claim the individual as a dependent on your federal income tax return
- A dependent child of any age who is physically or mentally disabled and depends on you for support, if he or she was disabled before age 19 and depended on you for support at the time of disability