If you or someone you know is in immediate crisis, call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Text “BRAVE” to 731731 to access free and confidential support 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
If you are experiencing anxiety, stress, depression, grief, domestic violence, substance abuse or relationship issues, Cigna’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is ready to help.
The EAP is COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL!
Through the EAP you, and family members who live with you, have access to unlimited phone counseling and up to five face-to-face or video-based counseling sessions per issue per year.
To reach Cigna EAP by phone, call 1.800.593.4138, employer ID: pearson
To reach Cigna for a video consult, go to myCigna, com to search for EAP providers.
- Make sure the EAP box is checked in the search tool.
- Call to make an appointment with your selected provider, just like you would for a face-to-face visit.
- The provider will give you information on how to set up the video-based session according to the technology they are using.
The EAP has a large library of on-demand webcasts that cover a range of topics from Resiliency, Coping with Pandemic Fatigue, Coping with the Impact of Racial Injustice, Living with Grief and more. Click here to access the library of webcasts.
NOTE: You do not need to be enrolled in Cigna medical or any Pearson-sponsored medical plan to access the EAP and it is completely confidential. No one at Pearson will know why or when you contacted the EAP.
To access the EAP:
- employees enrolled in Cigna medical, log-in or register at myCigna.com. Click on the link “Review My Coverage” and you will find EAP in the drop down menu.
- employees who are not enrolled in Cigna medical should visit myCigna.com. Select EAP under “Coverage” section and enter employer ID (Pearson) for the initial registration. You will then create a username and password for future access.