Filing an STD/FMLA Claim
Read below for important information on what is required to ensure that your disability/leave is processed in a timely manner.
- The first thing you should do is notify your manager of your pending absence. Then, contact Lincoln Financial to file a claim via www.MyLincolnPortal.com or call toll-free at 1-800-213-7327 at least thirty (30) days prior to or as soon as practicable. If you are unable to call Lincoln Financial due to your disability, someone else can call on your behalf.
- Download the Authorization to Release Information Form and provide a signed copy of the authorization form to your treating physician.
- Ensure that the treating physician provides the appropriate medical documentation to Lincoln Financial in a timely manner as STD payments may be delayed or denied.
- If you are on disability/leave due to the birth/adoption of a child, please log into the Mercer Marketplace or call 1-855-237-6421 to add your child to your medical coverage within 31 days of the birth. If the child is not added within the 31-day period, the child will not be covered under Pearson’s medical plan and you will have to wait until the next annual enrollment period for enrollment.
- Obtain a written consent (medical release) from the treating physician prior to returning to work. If no release is provided you will be sent home without pay.
- Maintain contact with your manager while on leave.
- If you are released to return to work with temporary restrictions or on a part-time basis, contact your manager and Lincoln Financial to determine if restrictions can be accommodated.
- Contact your manager and Lincoln Financial at least three (3) days in advance of the estimated return to work date in order to coordinate the return. The first day you return to work, advise Lincoln Financial so that your claim can be closed and to protect any FML coverage, if applicable.
- Notify your local help desk about how to manage your email account while on leave.
- If you have questions about filing a claim, please raise a ticket via myHR or send an email to [email protected].