Filing an STD/FMLA Claim
Read below for important information on what is required to ensure that your disability/leave is processed in a timely manner.
- The first thing you should do is notify your manager and Leave Coordinator of your pending absence. Then, contact Lincoln Financial to file a claim via www.MyLincolnPortal.com or call toll-free at 1-800-213-7327 at least thirty (30) days prior to or as soon as practicable. When reporting your claim, be sure to have the following information available: 1). your physician’s name, address, fax/telephone numbers; 2). your manager’s name, telephone and email address; 3). reason you are out of work (diagnosis/symptoms) and 4) your last day worked. If you are unable to call Lincoln Financial due to your disability, someone else can call on your behalf.
- Download the Authorization to Release Information Form and provide a signed copy of the authorization form to your treating physician.
- Ensure that the treating physician provides the appropriate medical documentation to Lincoln Financial in a timely manner. STD benefits may be delayed or denied if the appropriate medical documentation is not submitted in a timely manner.
- If you are on disability/leave due to the birth/adoption of a child, please log into the Pearson Benefits Marketplace or call 1-855-237-6421 to add your child to your medical coverage within 31 days of the event. If the child is not added within the 31-day period, the child will not be covered under Pearson’s medical plan and you will have to wait until the next annual enrollment period for enrollment.
- Obtain a written consent (medical release) from the treating physician prior to returning to work. If no release is provided you will be sent home without pay until a release can be obtained. Notify Lincoln Financial should the treating physician release you to return to work prior to an already approved date.
- Maintain contact with your manager and Leave Coordinator while on leave. Contact your leave coordinator with any questions you may have.
- If you are released to return to work with temporary restrictions or on a part-time basis, contact your Leave Coordinator and Lincoln Financial to determine if restrictions can be accommodated.
- Contact your manager and Lincoln Financial at least three (3) days in advance of the estimated return to work date in order to coordinate the return. The first day you return to work, advise Lincoln Financial so that your claim can be closed and to protect any FML coverage, if applicable.
- Notify your local help desk about how to manage your email account while on leave.