Available only to employees who enroll in an HSA.
- Designed to work together with your Health Savings Account (HSA) for additional tax-saving opportunities
- Contribute up to $2,700 in 2019 through before-tax payroll deductions. Note that until you meet the IRS-required medical deductible of $1,350/individual and $2,700/family, only dental and vision expenses are allowed. Once you’ve met the medical deductible, eligible medical and prescription drug expenses are allowed. For a list of eligible expenses, visit http://www.irs.gov/publications/p969/index.html
- Choose your contribution amount when you enroll. You can only change your contribution amount during the year if your personal situation changes
- Your annual contribution will be divided into equal deductions from each paycheck. Your entire annual contribution amount is available to you from the beginning of the plan year
- Spend your money by using your debit card, or log in to the Mercer Marketplace Accounts website to request a reimbursement
- Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year — use it or lose it. Be sure to estimate your contribution carefully