Dependent Life Insurance and AD&D
You can purchase additional life and AD&D insurance for yourself, as well as coverage for your spouse and your child(ren). All employees have the option to elect coverage up to the guaranteed issue amount regardless of your current election without having to provide evidence of insurability.
You pay the full cost of any supplemental life insurance and/or supplemental AD&D insurance coverage. You must purchase coverage for yourself in order to purchase it for your dependents. If you want supplemental coverage, you must enroll on the Mercer Marketplace.
- Spouse life and AD&D: You may purchase life and/or AD&D insurance for your spouse up to the
- Spouse life: $5,000 increments up to a maximum of $100,000 or 6 times employee pay (spouse life greater than $50,000 requires evidence of insurability)
- Spouse AD&D: 50% (40% if children are covered) to a maximum of $250,000
- Child insurance:
- Life: $5,000 increments up to a maximum of $20,000
- AD&D: 15% (10% if spouse covered) to a maximum of $50,000