ESPP - New Participant
Six-Month Offering Period: January – June 2018
Enrollment Period: December 1 – December 14, 2017
Your opportunity to join the Pearson Employee Stock Purchase Plan (“ESPP”) opens today!
When you join the ESPP you elect to contribute some of your pay from January through June, and in July the plan will purchase shares of Pearson stock at a 15% discount using the total amount you’ve contributed. The discount will be applied to the closing stock price on the first day or last day of the six-month Offering Period – whichever is lower.
Your contribution election is a monthly fixed dollar amount totaling between $120 and $6,000 over the six-month Offering Period. This monthly contribution will then be converted to an after-tax deduction (on a per-pay-period basis), based on the number of regular paychecks you are scheduled to receive during this six-month period. Your first deduction will begin in January.
Click here to learn more about the plan prior to making your election.
To enroll for the first time, please:
- Visit the EMPOWER Retirement website empower-retirement.com/pearson (or call 844-465-4455).
- Click the “Pearson plc Employee Stock Purchase Plan” link (on the right) and then click “Visit Website”, which will direct you to the Computershare employee homepage.
- Click the button associated with “Employee Plan Stock” and agree to the terms and conditions that follow
- Enter your monthly fixed dollar contribution amount and click
- Validate your enrollment by clicking
- Print the confirmation page for your records
IMPORTANT NOTE: when enrolling for the first time you may be prompted to complete either a Form W9 (for U.S. citizens) or Form W8-BEN (for non-U.S. citizens). This is for IRS tax certification purposes and failure to certify may result in required tax withholding.
To access your account or if you have any questions about the ESPP, please contact EMPOWER Retirement at 844-465-4455 or visit www.empower-retirement.com/pearson. You will need your personal Username and Password to log on. If you misplaced this information, please contact EMPOWER at the above number.