UNDERSTAND YOUR COSTS, THEN COMPARE
In 2017, there will be an increase in some payroll contributions, but not all, as this chart demonstrates. There are, however, no changes to deductibles or copays for next year.
|BASIC PPO: 6.0%||ENHANCED PPO: 6.0%||KAISER: 6.0%|
|MetLife/Delta Dental: 2.4%||Cigna DHMO: 0.00%||Vision: 0.00%|
Not planning on making any changes in your coverage in 2017? Remember, you must enroll each year in the Health Care and/or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account(s), as these do not automatically carry over. The health care limit for 2017 is $2,600 and the dependent day care limit is $5,000.
Click here for additional information about FSAs.
How to enroll or waive coverage:
- 1 Log on to the Oracle HR system
- 2 Select PHRP US Employee Self Service
- 3 Select Benefits
- 4 Select Enroll or View Elections, Dependents or Beneficiaries
Contact Pearson People Services (PPS) at 877.311.0948 with any questions.
COMPARISON SHOP WITH THE PEARSON HEALTH CHOICE TOOL
You work hard for every dollar you earn, so why not take a few minutes to evaluate the best and most cost effective benefit options for you and your family? Most of us, when shopping for other insurance like home or auto, do a little homework to compare costs and features. It shouldn’t be any different with health coverage and Pearson makes it easy with the Pearson Health Choice online resource. Just enter some basic information about your and your family’s health care needs and the tool will help you:
- Compare your expected (and unexpected) out-of-pocket costs and payroll contributions under each available plan.
- Compare the cost of having family members covered under your spouse’s health plan versus your own.
- Understand the cost of medical services.
- Understand the value of Pearson-sponsored benefits.
- Use Health Care Flexible Spending contributions to manage your out-of-pocket costs and enjoy tax savings.
Give the tool a try today and remove some of the guesswork involved in your decisions.
Note: Information was current as of 11-08-16 and is subject to change.